The last time Bala revealed what he knew, he was left all alone, all by himself.
That was a big screw up on the part of PKR.
How can you let a key whistleblower go away unprotected?
That was probably why Bala did a U-turn, and jumped out of town, if not, jumped over to the other side.
So, please, PKR, please do not screw up again.
Please make sure you protect the witness properly, so that Lingam and Co can be nailed, once and fore all.
Malaysian Mirror: Lingam case: Witness willing to come forward
Monday, 26 October 2009 20:09
KUALA LUMPUR: R Sivarasa (PKR-Subang) caused a stir when he revealed that a witness would be introduced to the House to keep the VK Lingam case open.
“We propose to bring the witness to Parliament to show to the MACC that there is such a witness and we are in contact with the witness,” he told reporters at the Parliament lobby on Monday.
The witness, believed to be a woman, would be brought to the House to dispute the then Anti-Corruption Agency’s claim that it could not locate the key witness to Lingam’s holiday trip to New Zealand with former Chief Justice of the Federal Court, Eusoff Chin.
The ACA is now the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).
Sketchy details about witness
Sivarasa slammed the MACC, saying its excuse was “totally not acceptable” and showed its “unwilling attitude and inaction” in locating the witness.
When pressed for details about the witness, Sivarasa declined to elaborate.
Loh Gwo-Burne (PKR-Kelana Jaya) who was at the press conference said: “We just spoke to the witness and she is willing to come forward. She is not in Kuala Lumpur but is willing to travel down.”
Earlier, Sivarasa quoted from the Royal Commission of Inquiry reports saying that “a compelling inference can reasonably and conceivably be drawn that Datuk V.K. Lingam was actively involved in the appointment of Tun Ahmad Fairuz as Court of Appeal president, with the possible aim of his further appointment to the post of Federal Court Chief Justice.”
“The Najib (Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak) administration has given the reason that no evidence was found to prove abuse of power in judicial appointments, but the Royal Commission in its report has stated otherwise,” he said.
A-G closed case
The Attorney-General (A-G) has closed the case which implied the brokering of judges in a phone conversation featured in a video clip.
Last week, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Nazri Abd Aziz said in a written reply to Lim Guan Eng (DAP-Bagan) that investigations showed no criminal offence had been committed in the appointment of judges.
Nazri said that the case was later classified by the A-G as “no further action” as there were no suspects who could confirm the handling of documents in the appointment of High Court judges.
The video implicated five people, including Lingam, former chief justices Eusoff Chin and Ahmad Fairuz Sheikh Abdul Halim, tycoon Vincent Tan and the then Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor who was in charge of legal affairs.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 October 2009 12:0